Jetboil Cooking System - Review

As a backpacker, the goal is to always keep the weight of your pack at a minimum. The Jetboil is not the lightest stove on the market. However, it makes up for that in efficiency. For the most part, we carry Freeze Dried meals that need boiling water to hydrate. The Jetboil will bring 2 cups of water to boil in under 2 minutes. This means that we carry less fuel. These stoves take a real beating in our packs during the trip.
I have the same stove that I purchased 6 years ago. The only problem I have ever had, was that I broke the automatic ignitor last year. I was able to find a replacement for $10.00. Not bad. I include this stove in my emergency survival kit because of the efficiency and dependability. We know that the Jetboil is a fairly expensive stove, but if I had to use anything for cooking for an extended period of time. This would be my choice, hands down.


Author
Family Storehouse                               Updated 7/11/2012

No comments: